Hey bloggersons, I know I'm no James Andrew, but today I'd like to tell you the little story of what I'm wearing. When I left the house, hubs teased me and said I was dressed like a kid. I've decided to post it here for your review. What do you think? If he's right, then I've got to do this more often. The barista boy at Starbucks called me Miss instead of Ma'am -- so this youthful thing might just be working.
1. Phillip Lim 3.1 Beatrice sunglasses. A gift (swag) from my good friends at Holts. They are a touch fashiony for me, but the quality is amazing. My first non-$10 glasses since I splurged on Ray Bans in the '80s. I am hooked. Also, have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for Phillip Lim. Not only does he have a pair of sunglasses in his line called Margot, but he is also a fellow Frenchie lover.
2. Pink linen scarf/wrap from ELTE. I'm quite addicted to scarves. They're almost like an adult blankie: Body camouflage, a pop of colour and texture, and some fringe to fidget with. Love the crinkliness of my linen scarf. Truthfully this colour is all wrong for me -- washed out at best and accentuating the pinky tones in my skin at worst -- but I can't help it, I just LOVE the colour.
3. White cotton popover top with pleated front detail, Old Navy. Soft and simple. I don't bother ironing it either -- sometimes a quick steam with my hand-held Rowenta steamer.
4. Joe Fresh slim jeans. So soft, narrow but not too skinny, perfect ankle length, washed finish. I just got these and am already living in them -- must get another pair pronto!
5. My new black leather J. Crew tote. I'm so picky with handbags -- don't like grommets, buckles, bells and whistles -- in six months these always make a bag look dated. This one's just right: not too big, since I'm only 5ft 2in but not too small, since I tote files, mags and samples regularly. Love this one.
6. New blush leather brogues with grosgrain ribbon laces, TopShop. Ooooh, of all the shoe eye candy at TopShop I spotted these right away. The last pair in the whole store, and despite being 2 sizes larger than what I normally wear, these fit like a glove and feel like slippers -- it was shoe fate! My colleague Julia described them as ballet-meets-bowling. Love that. I've never done a pliée, but have been known to hit the lanes. 5-pin is my game. Did you know 5-pin bowling is Canadian?
7. Cargo hooded parka, Uniqlo. Uniqlo is one of my fave stores on earth -- Japanese minimal meets fashion capsule. Some of the clothes have a junior fit but some are just perfection -- and always cheap.
So that is the little story of what I wore today.